Outdoor event signs can range from simple one colour event banners and signs for a weekend sale to full colour shop signage in Brisbane. Whatever your signage needs and whether you want to go simple or more complex with your designs, there are 7 basic guidelines you need to follow to create effective outdoor event signs.
- Decide on the location: The location of your event banners and signs will go some way to determining the type of sign you need. For example, will it be located next to a busy highway to catch the attention of passing traffic or more than 50m from the road where it might be more difficult to see?
- Decide on its purpose: Do you want your outdoor event signs to promote a big 50% off sale this weekend or the launch of a new product? Maybe you just want to promote your store to passing traffic, because your shop can’t be seen from the road?
- It needs to be legible: If traffic and passers-by can’t read your sign, then it won’t be very cost-effective. So keep your message legible, ensuring that it can be quickly read by passing traffic.
- It needs to be attractive: The design and the size of your outdoor event signs needs to attract the attention of traffic and people walking past. It pays to consult a company that specialises in event banners and signs, because they can suggest designs and sizes that will work best for your situation.
- It needs to be simple: Cluttered signs can be too confusing for people to read quickly, so keep your sign simple and your message clear.
- Colour selection: You might want the colours of your shop signage in Brisbane to reflect your brand, but you might need to pull back slightly to increase the readability of your signage.
- Choose the right fonts: Select one font that is clear and bold, and can be easily read from a distance. A mix of different fonts is too confusing and can spoil a perfectly good sign!
Obtain a free quote for your outdoor event signs from Signarama – the leading supplier of shop signage in Brisbane.